2021 “5 for 22” Veteran’s Day 22 Mile Ruck
Time & Location
About the Event
The CPT Connor Bednarzyk Five Foundation, in conjunction with the Mission 22 Organization, is sponsoring “5 for 22” ruck at Peace Valley Park, Doylestown, PA Sunday November 14th at 8:00 AM.
- This will be a 22 mile ruck.
- What is considered a ruck? Rucking is walking with a loaded backpack – and not just in the woods! “Ruck”, short for “rucksack”, is military slang for a backpack. This is a cheap, simple exercise that burns calories and builds aerobic endurance due to the added weight.
- You can participate Individually or as a team
- Individuals - will ruck the entire 22 miles by themeslves.
- Teams - you are able to comprise teams of 2-5 people and distribute the 22 miles however you see fit.
- We just ask that all patricipants try their best to complete all 22 miles combined.
- This event is designed to bring awareness and donations to the Mission 22 Organization. We ask that all individuals or teams raise $200 for the event, however any quanitity would be greatly appreciated
- If interested in raising money for this event, please follow this link and share to social media platforms to get the word out!
- The FIve Foundation will match every dollar raised and present all donations to the Mission 22 Organization.
Additional information about Mission 22:
The Veteran’s Day 22 Mile Ruck is a fund raiser to provide services for those veterans experiencing PTSD and suicidal thoughts.
The number 22 represents the number of Veterans who die every day by suicide as previously calculated by the Veteran’s Administration. Currently veteran suicide is the second leading cause of veteran’s death in the 35-64-year-old age range. The suicide rate for veterans is 1.5 times higher than that of the general population.
The funds raised will be going towards the Mission 22 organization. Mission 22 was created in 2013 and is dedicated to healing America’s veterans when they need it the most. They offer treatment for Post-Traumatic Stress and Traumatic Brain Injury and other psychological and emotional issues veterans are facing today.
Our veterans have been willing to give their all in the service of our country and they deserve all the help and care available to help them cope with the emotional and psychological trauma they experienced both during their service and after their discharge. Supporting one of the Rucker’s taking on this 22-mile Ruck Challenge will greatly help raise much needed funds for this important cause.
If you know a veteran who is experiencing depression, it is important that they get help. At risk signs include:
* Anger, rage, mood swings, and episodes of anxiety and agitation.
* Expressing feelings of having no reason to live
*Increased alcohol and/or substance abuse.
*Self-destructive and risky behaviors such as driving while impaired.
Anyone in need of immediate help can contact the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 800-273-8255
Hours: Available 24 hours. Languages: English, Spanish.
The Captain Connor J. Bednarzyk, USA, Memorial Fund is an all volunteer 501(c)(3) organization.
EIN #84-2219594. 39 E Ashland St 2nd Floor Doylestown, PA 18901
The organization’s official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement